30 March 2007

PureData remarks 2

  • As long as I don't find a better solution, I'll put the parameters for display and for adjusting both apartly in the display. If I just connect a number box and a slider together, stack overflow errors occur, sometimes slowing down the system.
  • I connected my korg microkorg midicontroller to my laptop to use it in PureData. This works fine. I keep a written chart with all the control change numbers of the controls at hand. Because MIDI data ranges from 0 to 127, I adjusted the inputs of some effects I already had. From now on this will be the unified way for ranges of control inlets.
  • Apparently when one reads into an array, an array must be added to the patch too. You can make it small by unchecking the graph on parent button, but it is still wondering around there.
  • It's important that when you will be using a block several times in the same patch (something we must do), every parameter name that can be sent without a line is named with a $-sign. send, receive, throw, catch, delread, delwrite and several others must have a name like $1-name. When you use the block, you give a unique number as argument. This number is filled where $1 is placed. This works only when the dollarsign is placed in front of the name.
  • The dollarsign has another meaning when used in messages. There exists no $0. The dollarsign is replaced by the n-th value of the inlet.

No comments: