27 March 2007

PureData remarks

  • Apparently Pd organizes the inlets and outlets of a subpatch according to their horizontal position. So no matter if they're placed at the top or at the bottom of the subpatch, you will find the leftmost inlet also as the left inlet of the blok in the parent patch.
  • The delete knob of the computer does NOT work...
  • I had problems moving a canvas around in a subpatch, but apparently this is done with the canvas properties box (right-click on an empty spot in the window). The margins stand for the distance form the left and top margins of the window.
  • Also the placement of the title of a box (knobs, etc.) is moveable by adjusting their x_off and y_off parameters.
  • Also something strange happens when I insert my monopanner~ block in the main file (just an input and an output). The array drawn in the subpatch appear at the far bottom of my parent patch main.pd... Any idea why?
And now for the monopanner~ object I implemented today. You can find the documentation in the folder monopanner~ or in the post with the same name. The latest document I keep as a google document on my google account.

No comments: